Lawn Irrigation OKC
The right amount of moisture can make all the difference in your lawn. Too little water will lead to dry, brittle plants, but too much can lead to funguses and plant disease that can destroy your lawn.
Although keeping your lawn healthy is important, OKC Lawn Spraying will tell you that lawn irrigation is about than just keeping the soil moist. It’s also a way to keep dust under control and to keep the soil cool, which protects plants from being scorched.
An irrigation system supplies the optimal amount of water to your lawn and wastes very little. Done right, lawn irrigation will keep your lawn looking better and growing strong.
Irrigation in centuries past was dependent upon a nearby water source like a river or stream. Modern systems can pull water from all kinds of sources, such as wells, fog and dew, and treated wastewater.
Although there are a few different types of lawn irrigation systems, these are the common features that you’ll see implemented in many of them:
- Underground channels
OKC Lawn Spraying can suggest an irrigation system that will be perfect for your needs. Depending on the type of system you request, we can suggest the best equipment to irrigate your lawn!
Types of Lawn Irrigation Systems
There are distinct advantages of each type of lawn irrigation system, which we can discuss with you in detail the pros and cons of each of the following:
– This system relies on gravity to distribute water to lawns, but it’s most commonly used to water crops. Surface irrigation dates back at least 6,000 years!
– Sprinkler irrigation is popular because it mimics rainfall on a lawn. These systems use almost all of the equipment above, including filters, pumps, and underground pipes to distribute water.
– Also known as micro-irrigation, this term describes a continuous flow of water administered through pipes and valves, right at the roots for better absorption and little waste.
– This is actually a type of drip irrigation where the water lines are buried so they deliver water directly to the roots. There is even less water wasted in this type of irrigation.
OKC Lawn Spraying can attest that lawn irrigation has many benefits:
- Reduces puddling and pooling in your yard by properly distributing moisture
- Reduces topsoil runoff which can affect the health of your grasses and plants
- Discourages weed growth, especially when the irrigation system is underground
- Saves water because up to 90% of the moisture is guaranteed to be absorbed by your lawn
- Improves the condition of grass and other plants with the optimal amount of moisture
Landscaping and lawn design can also be key factors in maintaining the right amount of water for your lawn. Drainage is just as important as irrigation.
Our pros can give you details about each system, including price, complexity of repairs, and efficiency, so that you can make the right decision for your home.
Call us for details about lawn irrigation and how it can positively impact your lawn!